10/16/13

brown smoke

the look: i was in the mood for a smoky-eye, but since i am wearing black (a very rare occasion), and i didn’t want it to go in the gothic direction, i used tones of brown (instead of grey and black). it is (in hinesight) also kinda channeling keira knightley (who usually does a brown smokey-eye. and, oh it looks gooood......). probably, subconsciously triggered by my new hairdo.
skin: foundation and powder for even and matt skin. on the apples of my cheeks i used my go-to loose powder blush.

brows: strong brows (also subconsciously channeling keira, i guess), by using dark brown eyeshadow and a brow brush.

eyes: i started out with a matt light brown on my lower and upper lid, generously blending up to my orbital bone. with a matt medium brown, i defined the outer corner in a sideways v shape. then i used a taupey, sparkly eyeliner to draw a line (not too thin) along the upper lashes, dragged it out a bit from the outer corner, and half way along my bottom lid. the top waterline also got a coating of brown eye liner, before elongating my lashes with mascara. 

lips: i wanted color on my lips without doing a perfect-lipstick look, so i used the revlon, lipstain + blam in forbidden. i have been using this color a looot, lately. i love it because it is suuuper easy and suuuuuper cool. (i can’t quite decide if i like this tone with my new hair color though.....)


have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment