10/22/13

orange picking

i have been looking for the perfect orange lip color for the longest time... i fiiinally found one that was not too flashy... not too glossy... not too subtle... not too heavy... and not too matt.

the look: soft and radiant

skin: since this look is quite clean, i wanted to pay extra attention on my skin, to get that fresh radiant glow. in those cases i like using mac, prep + prime, skin base, because it has a very fine sparkle in it. for even looking skin, i worked foundation around my nose and under my eyes. i wanted my cheeks to be in the same orangey tone i would use for my lips. so (instead of also buying a new blush color, too) i used the same exact product. it basically looks like an over-dimensional crayon, and i drew circles with it, on the apples of my cheeks (channeling a china doll) and worked the color into my skin with my fingers.

brows: this look is free from hard lines. in soft strokes, with an angled brush, i filled my brows with light brown powder.

eyes: my eyelids got a matt base, in a color that is one tone lighter than my skin. to sculpt the eye for a natural look i used a matt light brown and swept it on, in a circular motion, (using
a blending brush) just below my brow bone. the subtle luminance around my eyes came from using one of my favorite highlighters, bare escentuals, bare minerals, eye color, vanilla sugar. i placed it along my eyelashes. at the top i started at the centre, at the bottom i started from my tear duct and blended outward. with an eyeliner brush, i pulled a delicate line, close to my top lashes, with a dark brown. and intensified that effect, with additionally adding brown eyeliner on the top waterline. also, only the top lashes got a light coating of mascara.

lips: 
revlon, just bitten kissable, balm stain in rendevous, is everything i wanted in an orange lip color. i just drew it on my lips, after conditioning them. done!


have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment