10/18/13

who needs black?

the look: focus is on the eyes (without using black), with rosy cheeks and pearly-nude lips.
skin: i used tinted moisturizer and only matted my t-zone, with face powder. my cheeks, from apple to temple were lightly dusted with bright pink, loose powder.


brows: light brown to fill them in (a bit) and no brow gel, to keep the soft and natural.

eyes: i love using mac, quarry as a base, because it is a very light/natural brown, but by layering it it still creates soft depth. the first layer covered the general aria around my eyes, and the second layer i only placed on my outer crease. then, i brushed highlights, in shimmering light-pink, on the centre of my movable lid and my tear duct. for the dark color, riming my eyes, i used a very dark, matt blue eye shadow. i used blue mascara. not black. ...y not? unfooortunately... it didn't end up looking blue at all....... but hey, sometimes things end up differently than you expect... but still good.... can i get an amen?


lips: sometimes (like today) my lips are naturally very red. for this look, i wanted to tone them down, though. to define the edge i used revlon, just bitten, lipstain + blam in (this perfect, barely-there color) instinct. i also used mac, pro longwear lip pencil, etcetera and drew it on my lips, starting at the centre, before coating them with the balm of revlon, just bitten (for hydration without shine).



have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment