11/9/13

silver dust

the look: bronzy glowing skin, silver dusted eyes, and wine-stained lips.


the skin: the bronzy glowing skin is an important elemtent of this look. so i started off with a base of mac, prep + prime / skin, base visage, because it evens out the skin and at the same time gives it a subtle shimmer. staring at the center of my face i worked in foundation and powdered it off lightly. i used a bronze with a subtle sparkle on the hollows of my cheeks and carefully on the sides of my nose and temples. the last touch was sweeps of mac, mineralize skinfinish, soft and gentle on my cheek bones, down my nose and above the arch of my brows.

brows: this more scruffy-brow i achieved with clear brow gel. first i brushed the hair in the wrong direction and then upward.

eyes: i covered the entire lid with a matt creme colored eyeshadow. on my crease i used a blend of a warm shimmering grey and and the same bronzer i used on my skin. the roots of my lashes got a thin lining, with black liquid liner. on the bottom lid i used prestige, let loose, shimmering shadow dust, in excite and for depth i added rimmel, scandaleyes, waterproof kohl kajal, silver on the centre. only the top lashes got a coat of mascara.

lips: honestly... these lips (that look like i just got back from wine tasting in tuscany) were kind of an accident. but i really like them! the base is a reddish lip stain and on the centre i drew on mac, lip pencil, in vino.


have fun

1 comment: