12/1/14

try... everything!

before moving to shanghai i (surprisingly) met a lot of people who have lived there before... one was my yoga-may-neighbor.... the beautiful gracileia (btw... congrats on your beautiful little boy!!!). i asked her "what should i eat in china?" she said "everything!".

most of the time (especially when you don't look for touristy places, like me) there will not be a menu in english.... or anybody who will be able to tell you what you are ordering. sometimes i get to go into the kitchen and point (which makes the whole thing more scary even better)..... this time (the first night in zhangjiangie) it was chinese giant salamander and actually ended up being my favorite meal of my first stop as a vagabond....


november 2014, zhangjiangjie, china... photos by me

No comments:

Post a Comment