10/18/14

new planet.....

moving to a different city... country... continent planet is exciting, exhausting, scary, adventurous, challenging... and basically any other adjective you can think of. my move to shanghai is my third adventure of such sort. the third time is the charm. before i moved to a country i had never even visited before i knew two things....... that there was no way i could possibly imagine what to expect... and that i would have to throw my previous routine out the window. food... workouts... social activities... hell, even tv shows (don't worry, keeping up with the kardashians and ray donovan marathons were totally flagged with high-importance for my next trip to ny). well, like i said: the third time is the charm... because instead of driving myself crazy, looking for... and ultimately failing to find the things i was accustomed to...... (like i did the first months of my new-york-life.....) i decided to fully dive into everything china has to offer. i want to find new things to learn and things that i would then miss again, once i would decide to move to yet another planet. 

to just name a few of the things i can already see myself missing........ the food (oh my god, do i loooove the food here!).... the teas (they put my last  at-home-tea-bar to shame)... superstition (one of my favorite ones is that i the paths in the gardens are zigzagged because ghosts can only fly straight and consequently can't follow you. brilliant!)... the architecture (the corners of the roofs are bent up to let the light in) and of course, chinese medicine (everybody knows that what you eat effects you... but maaaan they take it to the next level, here).

so i totally got side-tracked with this post..... (but these thoughts have been wanting to come out be posted for a while now) because this is was supposed to be a fitness-post....... about my new fitness routine. another time then, i guess. uuuuuuuuuh what a good teaser! 

instead i will finally show you some pictures i took in suzhou, then. i spent a long weekend there and it will always be special to me because it made me fall in love with this country.... a country that i was honestly not even interested in visiting before. and that's why it is important to be open in life. open to new food... new cultures... new people... and ultimately adventure.


humble administrator's garden in suzhou, china... september 2014.... all photos by me

No comments:

Post a Comment