4/16/14

the early bird.... get's the bikini-bod

this morning was one of those magical days that i got up extra early to go for a run before work...
 i already told you about how i enjoy seeing the empty streets of downtown manhattan, early in the morning. but if you are thinking "yeah that's nice but i can't even make it that far....." i will share my little tricks with you to help you, to also turn into a pre-work-work-out-er.

when people (including my jogger-mom) used to tell me about how great it is and energizing and bla bla bla....iI kind of wanted to punch them. well not my mom! i never want to punch my mom. she's totally cool. but i am saying, if you are rolling your eyes at me, for this post..... i get it.

the very best tip i can give you, to get up (in my case) an hour earlier is... sleep in your gym clothes. even just the pants or your sports bra (if you don't find it toooo uncomfortable). so you won't lie in bed thinking "oh no.... i don't want to leave these warm sheets.... and pull on those tight clothes...... i don't know where my sports bra is anyway.... well... i have the pink one but i don't like that one..... and i wore the shirt that goes with it yesterday......." i have been in this situation. can u tell? and if you think about it, your gym clothes are not thaaaat different from your jammies. (correct me if I'm wrong) unless of course you sleep in the nude.... which is totally cool too. then you at least don't have to take your pajamas off....

anyway, it might seem weird to you, but just give it a try. and put your shoes and socks(!) (i always end up looking for my running socks...) next to the bed. theeeen you'll lie in bed thinking "just have to slip my shoes on and go!"
another help to actually get out of bed (which, i think we'll all agree on, is the biggest obstacle) is your alarm clock. the ringtone, to be more exact. if (like me) your playlist is an important part of your workout make one of the songs your alarm clock ringer. (i do it on my iphone. it's suuuper easy.) my current ultimate workout song is work bitch by britney. no matter how tired you are, if britney tells you to work... you work!


britney: "you want a hot body? you better work bitch"
you: "ok. britney, i m getting up."

this last tip is for everyone who (like me… unfortunately) has the habit of checking e-mails… instagram... facebook... and all that other super-social stuff before getting up….. put your phone on airplane mode before you go to sleep. this way it will also be easyer to roll out of bed and straight to the treadmill.... weights... morning yoga class... or whatever goodness you want to do for your body that morning. and you can't get cought up with liking… commenting…. or posting. you can let the social-media-world know all about your success after you wiped those sweat pearls from your forhead. 

all that's left is drinking a glass of water (i add a shot of apple cider vinegar) (let me know if you want to learn more about why.) head phones on and i am out the door.

if you head out suuuuuper early you might even have the treadmills to yourself…




i would love to hear if these tips help you at all. or if you have any other questions.
and of course, please share if you have your own little tricks to get your early work out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment